Recently I wanted to reset Windows 10 on old computer but, the attempt gave error “Windows 10 recovery environment is missing”
For me worked text trick:
If the Windows recovery environment is disabled, you have to enable it to take effect. If you are not sure, you can type reagent /info command to check the status first.
- Open Start and search for Command Prompt (type in keyboard: cmd).
- Right-click the top result and select Run as administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter: reagentc /info
- This will show you the current status of Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). If it is disabled, you can enable it with the next command.
- Type the following command and press Enter: reagentc /enable
- This will enable WinRE on your device. You can confirm it by running reagentc /info again.
Now restart computer and you should be ready to go.
Windows Recovery Environment is a feature that can help you troubleshoot and repair common problems with Windows 10. It includes tools like Automatic Repair, System Restore, Startup Repair, Uninstall Updates, Command Prompt, System Image Recovery, UEFI Firmware Settings, Go back to the previous build of Windows 10, Startup Settings and Push-button reset.