You can use the Portable version of Home Assistant for Windows (HassWP) to install Home Assistant on Windows 10 without using a virtual machine or image¹³.
You can find the installation instructions on the GitHub page¹. You can also install Home Assistant Core on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) or Home Assistant OS in a Linux guest VM².
Here are the step-by-step instructions to install Home Assistant on Windows 10 using HassWP:
1. Download the latest version of HassWP from the GitHub page.
2. Extract the downloaded ZIP file to a folder of your choice.
3. Run the run.bat file to start Home Assistant.
4. Open your web browser and go to http://localhost:8123 to access the Home Assistant web interface.
You can find more information on the GitHub page and in video Home Assistant Windows Portable (HassWP)
For “production system” it is advisable to use official release and virtual machine on Widndows. It provides most upt to date system with latest features and fixes. But portable version is a good way to quickly familiarize yourself with the Home Assistant systems.
(1) GitHub – AlexxIT/HassWP: Portable version of Home Assistant for Windows .
(2) Home Assistant Setup on Windows 10 without Any Virtualization.
(3) Windows – Home Assistant.