Microsoft describes process of enabling or disabling a Server Network Protocol for MSSQL server as follows:
Using SQL Server Configuration Manager
To enable a server network protocol
- In SQL Server Configuration Manager, in the console pane, expand SQL Server Network Configuration.
- In the console pane, click Protocols for <instance name>.
- In the details pane, right-click the protocol you want to change, and then click Enable or Disable.
- In the console pane, click SQL Server Services.
- In the details pane, right-click SQL Server (<instance name>), and then click Restart, to stop and restart the SQL Server service.
Quite easy and straightforward process but issue might come were you will not expect it to rise – where is SQL Server configuration manager?
If you can not find it from Start+Search then look at C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory
The actual version (15 or other) will vary depending SQL server version. Click on manager and you are ready to go:
Pin SQL Server Configuration Manager to access it easily next time.